फ्लोटिंग आइकॉन

Monday 19 May 2014

Bulava-The spiritual call

Bulava-The spiritual call
Bulawa aka the call of the diety

                                                om shri sadguru parmatmane namah
गुरुबुध्यात्मनो नान्यत् सत्यं सत्यं वरानने |
तल्लभार्थं प्रयत्नस्तु कर्त्तवयशच मनीषिभिः ||

The Guru is not different from the conscious Self. Without doubt, this is the truth; therefore wise men should make an effort to seek knowledge of Atman from Him.

हे सुमुखी ! आत्मा में गुरु बुद्धि के सिवा अन्य कुछ भी सत्य नहीं है सत्य नहीं है इसलिये इस आत्मज्ञान को प्राप्त करने के लिये बुद्धिमानों को प्रयत्न करना चाहिये |


Bulava literally translating is "being called" in Hindi.Bulava is usually & mostly taken in spiritual sense i.e. you can only go to a deity's place only when you are "called"  else not.If you are not called then no matter how far you go to the place at the end moment something will happen & you'll come back without visiting the deity, ask any Hindu he can vouch for the same.

IMHO bulava is a word of recent origin post Bhakti movement era(16-17 century) because I donot find any references of being "called" in Puranas or any other Sanatan texts.

Bulawa is insitu in culture of the sub-Continent because I dont think the "religion of the book" followers even have piligrimage except during crusades that too in Jerusalem only.

The word bulawa was made popular by the extremely famous song of Narendra Chanchal -

Translating thus-come on the call has come , Mother Goddess has called,
sitting on top of high mountain , the mother has setup her Darbar

Ask any North Indian , Bulawa to them means Vaishno Devi hands down .

joke-jab 2 jagah se bulawa ata hai to admi apne ko rok nahi pata, ek bhagwan doosra baathroom
(No one can resist the call from 2 places , God & Bathroom)

But to me or any sadhak , it has a different meaning.Our bulawa is always at the Guru's place not at any diety's.
I am writing about my bulawas.In my second year of college our field trip was to Nainital.So I checked up on the net what are the places to visit so I found Hanumangarhi & ashram of Swami Lilashahji Maharaj(the Guru of H.H. Asharamji Bapu) our dada guru i.e Guru of the Guru.So on the last day before leaving half of my class went to see China peak & I took another boy with me .He has not taken initiation/diksha from any Guru but respects all , he is inclined towards Pt. Ram Sharma acharya of Shantikunj , Haridwar.So I woke him up early morning & we setout , I had already enquired how far it is from mallital hotelwalah said about 3.5 -4 km.We asked a cab in the road he said will take 200,we ditched & moved forward we took a rickshaw upto the busstand,the rickshaw wala turned out to be a Bihari ,my friend was too a bihari.We went to the bus stand a bus full of school girls was just coming out we asked the driver Hanumangarhi ? He said yes & we jumped in .ticket Rs 5 each.
लीलाशाह आश्रम & शीतला माता मंदिर 
Swami Lilashahji ashram
Way to Lilashah ji ashram

He dropped us at the hillock after a small climb we saw the temple first -- like all niguras my friend was more interested in the sadhu & mahant of the temple, we were walking bare feet it was too damn bloody cold & the floor was washed with water  after that we went on towards the ashram .As I had heard the stories how Lilashah ji even at 90 yrs of age used to stack up books on his head & move up down on the mountain we found the same road , just cemented a little.The trees were pine & some other possibly devdaru, I tasted Pine as I saw Bear Grylls doing tasted sour & tangy.

Hanuman garhi
After some climbing we reached the ashram, it had the beautiful garden where our Pujya Shri used to do sewa, we took out our shoes & went in . There was only 1 caretaker in side .He showed us the ashram  & open the inside room was akhand jyoti was lighted.We sat there a bit regaining some spiritual energy which was lost in those 5 days by being among tamsik niguras.In prasad we got some groundnut & mishri .I asked him of there was any literature of the sage ,he said all finished come in July .The observatory was visible.Then we took leave .Shitla mata mandir was on the back side.We then went to the top where the northern plains was clearly visible as the topography smoothened southwards.Coming back , I took some peda from the temple.
Mountains towards East
Plains down south

Coming back we crossed the road waiting for the bus again we jummped into one at that point my friend said to me

"Janta hai ise kya kehte hain (do you know what this )"

"what"

"bulawa !!!!"

That day I came to know what was it like to be "called" 

"kahan wo 200 rs maan raha tha yahan 20 rs mein hogaya(He was asking for Rs 200, will we did it in rs20)"


The second Bulawa was a not spontaneous but forced.The time was september/october, the winters had started to set in .After a hectic schedule Pujya Bapuji had come for "ekantvaas"  in Rajokari,Delhi a remote place where unless you have your own means of transport you wont be able to go.Everyday auntys from my place would go "Bapuji Rajokai aye hue hain " , each one was excited I had never gone to a ekantvaas & Bapuji doesnt stay for more than 3-4 days sp 2 days were done I thought when will I go .So in this situtation the satsang came to help . I had heard I you pray 9 times in a day your prayer will surely be heard.It was lunch time in the geology department I had eaten & was sotting in the computer lab .I got a call from my mother , will you go ? the car leaves at 3.
I shouted yes & dashed out of the dept . friends saying "ise kya hogaya" I literally ran the whole strech on the chhatra marg from my dept to vishwavidyalay metro station.I had prayed on 6 times it then.So somehow singing bhajans & Asharamayan we reached.We got a chance to meet Bapuji at 2330 hrs outside the gate.We were all very quite Bapuji was moving slowly too & from as if scanning each one of us.Our aim was to take blessings for a sadhika behen who was crushed under a bus during RishiPrasad sewa.Bapuji gave sanjeevani goli & dhanvantri mantra.Then we reached home around 0130 hrs.

One more bulawa was from maa anandmayi ashram, which i'll update later.

The third bulawa is from Jagannath Puri, one of the 4 dhams of Hindus.It was not really a bulawa but rather a confirmation of the bulawa concept.We 7 people left from Sukinda, but one didnot .He had almost packed his bag but backed out at last moment.Then we realized untill you are not called you cannot go .So near yet so far .

I have never been to a dhyan yog shivir neither to Vaishno Devi.Why go here & there all the deities are at the service of Bapuji. 

Lord Shiva says Idam teertham idam theertham bhramyante tamsa janah , aatma teertham na janami kutah 
mokshashi priye.
इदं तीर्थं इदं तीर्थं भ्रमन्ति तामसा जनाः आत्म तीर्थं न जानन्ति कुतः मोक्षषि प्रिये

& Pujya Asharam Bapuji has been striving hard so that all of us be at peace with our Self.
Ve chahte sab jholi bhar len , nij atama ka darshan karlen
(He wants everyone Realizes their Self)



All this is fine , but when will I get the bulwa from Jodhpur ???

गुरुभावः परं तीर्थमन्यतीर्थं निरर्थकम् |
सर्वतीर्थमयं देवि श्रीगुरोश्चरणाम्बुजम् ||

गुरुभक्ति ही सबसे श्रेष्ठ तीर्थ है अन्य तीर्थ निरर्थक हैं हे देवी ! गुरुदेव के चरणकमल सर्वतीर्थमय है 
GuruBhakti is the greatest kind of pilgrimage. Others are worthless. All places of pilgrimage are present, O Devi, at the sacred holy feet of the Guru.

ॐ ॐ गुरूजी ॐ 

No comments:

Post a Comment